Health & Safety
Health and Safety is of up most importance to us to ensure not only our staff are kept well and safe but to ensure that everyone whom comes into contact with our work is also able to do so without any concerns.
- Staff who are fully trained and hold CISRS cards for Scaffolders and CSCS cards for Roofers. In house ‘Health & Safety Manager’ with extensive experience in scaffolding and construction.
- The pride in using the highest quality materials available. Our quality control department ensures that all our equipment and materials are inspected on a regular basis
- Regular site checks. Training updates for all our staff are provided on a regular basis.
- A variety or Health & Safety accreditations from many Health and Safety organisations.
Our team of well-trained and certified operatives are here to help achieve the work you have requested. The pure ingredients of a good job include: Well trained competent operatives using the best materials and being lead by a very well organised management team.
Scafco has signed up to the HSE Strategy Pledge to work with them to “Be Part of the Solution” and we continue to adopt a formal and disciplined approach to health and safety management across the Group. Senior directors are appointed with responsibility for health and safety in each division and these champions meet four times during the year to review the performance and guide the strategy onwards through continual improvement.
- The Group sets long-term health and safety objectives and annual targets. Our Goal is to be Accident Free We achieved our targets for reductions in accident injury rates, time lost associated with injury and work related illness and for senior management inspections on site. We made good progress in our program to carry out health surveillance for our employees with highest risk to
their health from their work.
- A total of 36 employees had their health reviewed by the Occupational Health team as part of our health surveillance programme.
- Further proactive management of health and safety is delivered throughout the Group with programs of health and safety competence and awareness training delivered by our in-house teams and external providers as appropriate. There are also schedules of workplace inspections carried out by directors, management teams and safety advisers.
We have developed and formalised our environmental objectives through the publication of our environmental policy and we remain committed to reducing the impact of our operations on the environment. Our comprehensive procedures are based on the ISO14001 standard and we are continually seeking innovative ways in which to improve and protect the environment.
The Industrial Services division’s service offerings of Scaffolding and Access, Insulation, Asbestos Removal, Passive Fire Protection and Protective Coatings are supported by our compliance with ISO9001: 2000 Quality Assurance System.
This system is aimed at providing our clients with consistently high performance and service delivery levels.
Risk Assessment & Method Statements
Guidance for Risk Assessment
As a minimum, follow the Health and Safety Executive for guidance – 5 Steps to Risk Assessment.
If you require further clarification please contact our head office.
Step 1 Look for the hazards
Step 2 Decide who might be harmed?
Step 3 Evaluate the risks?
Step 4 Record your findings
Step 5 Review your assessment and revise it if necessary
Guidance for Method Statements
The following is a sample of the content of a Method Statement document (this is by no means a definitive list as contents will vary depending on the project or task and risks involved)
- Organisational structure
- Working method
- Risk Assessments and COSHH
- Safety Equipment and responsibility
- Tools, Plant & Equipment
- Access and Egress
- Emergency Arrangements
- High risk hazards
- Welfare, First Aid and Medical facility arrangements
- Statutory documentation – Inspections and Certification
- Environmental Impacts and controls
- Additional requirements
- Employee Declaration
Call us today for your FREE no obligation Quote on 0844 997 4987